â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsLink Crew helps welcome grade nine students at NGDHS

Link Crew helps welcome grade nine students at NGDHS

The Link Crew at North Grenville District High School helped welcome grade nine students to high school today.

Link Coordinator Marla Campeau says the school offers Link Crew as a senior course and it focuses on teaching the seniors about Leadership. The “Link Leaders” are paired up with a group of 10 to 12 incoming grade nine students.

Link Leaders have contacted their students before returning this morning and will mentor them throughout the school year.

The leaders held up signs, waved and cheered as music played to welcome the “New Knights.” They also helped the intermediates by having seniors at the 7/8 entrance.
Campeau also says the Link Crew class will start on Tuesday when the grade 11/12 classes begin.
“While learning about levels of leadership and discovering their own strengths and leadership styles, the grade 12s will continue to mentor the 9s by running activities for them in their grade 9 classes and offering help and a friendly ear throughout the year.”
Campeau says Link Crew has proven to help increase the level of credit attainment in grade nine as well as reduce hazing and bullying of grade nines as it creates a positive environment and models respect and leadership to the rest of the students.
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading