â–º Listen Live
HomeNewsClass of 2019 graduates from North Grenville District High School

Class of 2019 graduates from North Grenville District High School

Today 158 students took the plunge from high school to the rest of their lives. North Grenville District High School held its commencement ceremony this morning. A total of 51 students graduated as Ontario Scholars, with over 80% in their top six grade 12 courses.

Principal Derek Cole says the 2019 Knights honoured themselves and their school. He noted their accomplishments include success in sports, arts, math competitions and skilled trades. Cole says this group of grads showed their fine character in kindness, respect and inclusivity.

Trustee Lisa Swan congratulated the students and wished them the best of luck in their future endeavours. She cited a quote by Howard Thurman that she says was appropriate for the occasion – ‘Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.’ 

Top academic awards went to four students. The Dr. O. F. Beamish Award, for outstanding achievement at the workplace level, was presented to Dacilea Carr. Callum Gauthier won the Governor General’s Medal for highest achievement overall in grades 11 and 12. The Top College Award went to William White. Fynn Lystiuk was presented the Principal’s Award for Student Leadership.  

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading