Listen Live
HomeNewsKemptville Pride Looking To Hire Students Through Summer Jobs Program

Kemptville Pride Looking To Hire Students Through Summer Jobs Program

Kemptville Pride is looking for some young talent to add to its team over the summer. 

The non-profit recently received two grants which will allow them to hire students for the Administrative Assistant, and Event Planner positions.

Executive Director Jennifer Crawford says it’s an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in helping the organization grow. 

“We have a bunch of other ideas we want to brainstorm and having an Event Planner and an Administrative Assistant help us out,” Crawford said. “It’s really going to make a huge difference for us and you’re going to hear a lot more from us in the community now that we have a little more capacity.” 

- Advertisement -

Crawford says they are looking for community-minded, passionate youth who can help with bridging service gaps for the LGBTQ+ community in Kemptville. 

The Administrative Assistant will be helping Crawford with Pride’s strategic planning process, and talking to people in the community about what support programs are needed. 

The Event Planner will be responsible for fundraising efforts for Pride events, and throughout the summer. 

“We’re not looking for someone who has a ton of experience in event planning and administrative duties, we’re hoping we can provide them with some experience,” Crawford said. “We have an amazing board with so many skills that can really help grow the students’ skillset, and they get to work with a diverse group of people.” 

To find out more about the positions, you can check out Kemptville Pride’s website

Crawford says this is ultimately an opportunity for students in these fields to see a grassroots organization grow from the ground up. 

“We’re still a very new organization, very much in our elementary stage,” Crawford said. “They get to see us build. Especially this summer, we’re going to be working diligently on our strategic planning process, they get to be a part of that. They get to see how to develop a non-profit.” 

The deadline to apply is May 14.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading