Listen Live
HomeNewsPrescott teens hospitalized after eating local plant "Devil's Seed"

Prescott teens hospitalized after eating local plant "Devil's Seed"

- Advertisement -

A new trend among area teens has public health officials worrying for their safety. Several Prescott-area teenagers were hospitalized last month after eating the poisonous Jimson Weed. They were hoping for a natural high. What they got instead were hallucinations and heart palpitations that landed them in hospital. According to the Medical Officer of Health for Eastern Ontario, eating the seeds from this native plant can cause a number of health problems, even death. It’s important for parents to speak to their children about the dangers of Jimson Weed, also known as Devil’s Seed.
image

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading