Listen Live
HomeNewsMunicipality of North Grenville to look at running Kemptville College in transition

Municipality of North Grenville to look at running Kemptville College in transition

The Kemptville College Renewal Task Force has accepted the Municipality of North Grenville’s offer to investigate a way to assist the transition of Kemptville Campus, (University of Guelph), into a revitalized Kemptville College.

The municipality will explore the possibility of obtaining ministerial consent under provincial law to operate Kemptville College on an interim basis for a period of three years.

“We very much welcome this decision by North Grenville council,” stated Marty Derks, Vice-Chair of the Task Force. “Provincial government support for this local solution will provide all stakeholers enough time to properly transition the Kemptville Campus to a long-term sustainable agricultural college for this part of Ontario.”

“Ensuring a variety of programs are available for students will be essential,” added Mr. Derks. “The Task Force is engaging other parties in discussions about the provision of programs which will meet the needs of the community and provide a sustainable economic base.”

- Advertisement -

The Kemptville College Renewal Task Force invites community members to a town hall meeting to discuss next steps.

When: Wednesday, July 16 at 7:00 pm

Where: WB George Centre, Kemptville Campus

830 Prescott Street, Kemptville

About the Task Force

The Kemptville College Renewal Task Force was established following the University of Guelph’s announcement to close the Kemptville Campus. Members of the Task Force include representatives from the Kemptville College Foundation, alumni, agricultural and landscape communities and municipal governments.

– 30 –

For more information:
Howard Mains, KCAT ‘80
613-696-0860
[email protected]

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading