- This event has passed.
Santa Claus Parade Presented by the Rotary Club of Kemptville
November 19, 2022 @ 4:00 am ESTFree
Kemptville Santa Claus Parade Presented by the Rotary Club of Kemptville in partnership with the Municipality of North Grenville.“Imagine” a world without poverty and hunger, a world of peace and love.
Watch for walking participants collecting to support needs in our community:
– NG Fire Service collecting cash donations for Kemptville Salvation Army food bank.
– Rotary Club collecting non-perishable donations for local food banks (can also drop off at Rotary Park during the parade).
– Royal Lepage Realty collecting toy donations for local families (can also drop off at Royal Lepage office at 139 Prescott Street).
– Visit the “North Pole” at the North Grenville Public Library from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. and enjoy Christmas themed activities and a visit from Mr. and Mrs. Claus. You are welcome to take your own photos with Santa during his visit.
– Drop off your letters to Santa in the mailbox at the Library or at Howard Wilson Motors on parade day.
Parade float registration link: https://forms.gle/KwYaYBUKGaxNGPup6
All participants shall arrive at the parade start location (parking lot of North Grenville District High School) between 3:30 pm and 4:00 pm and check-in with the parade organizer. Key information and a route map will be circulated to registered participants by email. The route is approximately 4km in length. Registrants may arrive earlier to decorate their float on site.
All participating organizations/businesses are required to provide proof of liability insurance for their organization and vehicles and all vehicles require licensed drivers. Participants are asked not to distribute flyers, business cards or other paraphernalia to avoid unnecessary litter. Be creative in communicating through your float entry. Do not throw candy/treats from floats, however it is acceptable for walking participants to approach spectators to distribute treats (or collect donations for food banks, toy drives, etc.). Participants should not do anything which would invite spectators to enter the street. Please do not include animals in your parade entry without advance approval.
We are also seeking volunteers to assist with supervising barricades at intersections along the parade route. Parade barricade volunteer form:https://forms.gle/piipX7cAPF8hZhSJ7
For more information, contact [email protected]