Listen Live
HomeNewsSchool to Resume for Only Elementary UCDSB Students

School to Resume for Only Elementary UCDSB Students

Late Wednesday afternoon, Premier Ford’s government announced that school boards outside of Ottawa and the GTHA would decide for themselves if classes would resume as scheduled.

The Upper Canada District School Board (UCDSB) has announced that all Elementary students throughout the Leeds Grenville and Lanark district health unit region will return to classes on January 25th. High School students however, will not return until February 2nd, after Quadmester 2.

However, students from the region of the Eastern Ontario Health Unit will not return to class until February 10th.

In the letter from the UCDSB, manager of communications, April Scott-Clark added:

• Elementary schools served by the Leeds, Grenville, and Lanark Health Unit will welcome students back to in-person learning on January 25. Your school principal will be sending out a welcome back letter and informing you of any changes in health practices that will be taking place at your school for the return. If a student lives in EOHU but attends school in LGL, then they can attend. 

• Elementary and secondary schools served by the Eastern Ontario Health Unit jurisdiction will continue with remote learning until February 10. If this extended period of remote learning requires your family to change how your child is receiving instruction, please talk to your teacher or school principal.   

• Grade 9-12 students in the LGL health unit area will continue with remote learning until the end of Quadmester 2 (Friday, Jan. 29). This delayed re-start will allow Grades 9-12 students the opportunity to start with a new cohort of students at the beginning of Quadmester 3 on Tuesday, Feb. 2 and limit their number of contacts. 

• Grades 9-12 students in the EOHU area will continue with remote learning until February 10.  Students with special education needs who are currently attending in person may continue to attend school in-person during the extension of the school closures. 

Further items of note:  

• As announced earlier this month, it is required that all students in Grades 1-12 will need to wear non-medical or cloth masks indoors at school, including in hallways and during class times, on school transportation and outdoors during recess where students cannot maintain physical distancing. Masking in Kindergarten is optional but encouraged. 

• For Grade 9-12 students currently using non-digital resources, new packages need to be picked up on Thursday, Jan. 21 and completed packages returnedThe final package for the quadmester will need to be returned to your teacher no later than Thursday, Jan. 28 for evaluation. Please contact your teacher if you have any questions.  

• For Grades 9 -12 students who go to school in the Eastern Ontario Health Unit, teachers will be in touch on the designated PA day on Monday, February 1to find out if those students want to proceed with Quadmester 3 synchronously or asynchronously with digital or non-digital resources”

For further details or for questions, visit ucdsb.on.ca

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading