Listen Live
HomeNewsSkilled trades training approved at Kemptville Campus

Skilled trades training approved at Kemptville Campus

Training for careers in high-demand skilled trades will soon be coming to the Kemptville Campus for secondary school students.

Leeds Grenville, Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes MPP Steve Clark made the announcement this morning on behalf of Labour, Training and Skills Development Minister Monte McNaughton.

Clark says it helps feed a great gap that we have in the province as we’ve got far more skilled-trades jobs than we have people to fill those jobs.

“We’ve made a commitment for 20 seats and three youth apprenticeship programs that’ll be offered here at Kemptville Campus. It’s great to be able to, on behalf of our government, share in the vision that the Mayor and this community has for skills training.”

- Advertisement -

Trades training includes:

• Truck and Coach Technician
  • Heavy Duty Technician
  • Agricultural Technician

Mayor Nancy Peckford says it’s wonderful for the Kemptville Campus to work with the local school boards.

“Kemptville Campus will work with it’s four school boards and students who are in apprenticeship programs to  ensure that they get placements with industry partners in the area and are able to test those skills out on the ground and come away with both insight and connections about where they may head in their own skills and trades career.”

MPP Steve Clark, Mayor Nancy Peckford and school board representatives at Kemptville Campus. (Courtney Crowder)

The programs are scheduled to begin in September 2021 under the Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program and will be offered in French and English.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading