List of cancellations and closures due to winter storm (Updated)
Photo Credit: Drew Hosick
Here’s a list of closures and cancellations due to the storm expected to bring more than 30 centimeters of snow over the next 24 hours.
- The Committee of the Whole meeting scheduled for 6:30 p.m. is cancelled.
- The public meetings to address zoning by-law applications are cancelled. These will be re-scheduled and notice will be given.
- All arena bookings after 4 p.m. today (Tuesday, February 12) are cancelled.
- All arena bookings before 10 a.m. on Wednesday, February 13 (including adult and family skating) are cancelled.
- North Grenville Public Library will close at 4 p.m. today(Tuesday) and will provide an update on whether they will be open on Wednesday.
- There will be no recycling collection on Wednesday; if that is your regular recycling collection day, please put your blue box out on Thursday instead.
- Garbage collection will go ahead as planned. If that changes, information will be provided.
- Rideau Crossing Family Health Centre will be closed Wednesday, February 13th and will re-open on Thursday, February 14th at 7:30am.
- Algonquin College campuses in Ottawa, Perth and Pembroke will be closed with all classes suspended from 5:00pm today(Tuesday) until 5:00pm tomorrow(Wednesday).
- Carleton University is closing its doors and cancelling classes from Tuesday at 5:30pm until Wednesday at 5:30pm. You can learn more on their Facebook page about the closure.
- The Conseil des Écoles catholiques Centre-Est(CECCE) schools and those operated by the Conseil des écoles publique de l’Est de l’Ontario(CEPEO) will be closed tomorrow.
- Ottawa schools are also closed tomorrow.
- The Upper Canada District School Board and Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario have announced schools will be closed tomorrow(Wednesday)
- YMCA Brockville has cancelled programming for this evening.